Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Interview (and photos) with Randy Fobbs: Personal trainer at Snap Fitness North Raleigh



Randy has been competing physique competitions for three years. This is his second competition and after his first, he placed second out of twenty contestants.

I interviewed Randy to see what motivates him to compete in the physique competitions and here is what I found out:

Why do you take part in physique competitions?


“It is a great way to stay in shape”
How long does it take to train for a competition?
“12 to 16 weeks. More towards 16 weeks.”
What and how do you eat while you are training?
“I eat 6 small meals per day which equals to about 2200 calories a day.”
How do you train?
“I lift using high reps and moderate weight.”
What is your goal when you are training for a competition?
“Low body fat. I started at 16% and now I am down to between 3% and 5% for the show.”
Who will be there to support you and cheer you on at the show?
“My wife, mom and sister.”
Do you have anything you would like to say?
“Just ready for it!”

I conducted this interview as Randy was speed walking on the treadmill. At this point, he is maintaining his weight and muscle mass as he awaits the show.


No comments:

Post a Comment